Monday, April 29, 2013

Tutorial Time: One-On-One with Don

Don Gosney is amazing; I had to throw that out there. 

The Ivy League Connection tutorial is a mandatory event and because of my schedule I am unable to attend any of the offered dates and times. I was originally scheduled for the May 4th tutorial from 9 AM-12 PM but this day and time conflicted with a speech competition. As a result, Don, being the amazing person that he is, managed to fit a one-on-one tutorial session with me into his busy schedule.

Tutorial time: April 28th, 11 AM-2 PM; Don came to my house. In my opinion the tutorial overall went from okay, to bad, to worse, to progressively better. The first three of those observations happened within the first half hour.

Don arrives at my home, gets situated, and his first task for me is to log onto his blogspot. My laptop decides not to cooperate. Once it turns on, it will not open Internet Explorer. Then Google Chrome is really slow and won't load the pages I need. Luckily, my mom decides to bring me the iPad with its attachable keyboard for me to work on while she does what she can with my laptop. Don and I can finally move on.

Today, I learned how to blog, that I need and want Photoshop Elements to fix pictures for the blog, the responsibilities associated with the Ivy League Connection, what to pack for the trip, and much much more.

At the dinner on May 13th, I will need to do a lot of mingling --  especially with adults. When going to New York my luggage can only weigh 42 pounds. And, among other things, I was made clear of Don's three rules: check your email every day, be on time, and follow directions.
Working hard with Don.
Now I can practice my blogging skills leading up to my cohort's departure in June, know what I need to pack and what is expected of me, and look to my future with the ILC with confidence.

Thank you again Don!

1 comment:

  1. The way I see things, Elena, things can ALWAYS be worse. I’m not sure what I would have done had things worked the way they were supposed to.

    We got done what needed to be done and the proof is in your blog. You demonstrated that you were paying attention and applied many of the protocols we discussed when you composed your blog.

    It only gets better from this point forward, Elena.

    ReplyDelete