Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hit the Ground Running

I was unable to make my cohort's potluck because I was out of town that weekend, so today my mother, Mrs. L and I went to Starbucks in order to go over a few things before the trip. We will be leaving California to go to New York on June 18, so there is very little time left. As Mrs. L says, "We will hit the ground running," because in our first week, we will be doing college tours and dining with admissions officers. There will be barely any time to rest but we will have to get our blogs in.

Speaking of time, Mrs. L stressed the importance of learning how to manage one's time.  Personally I think this is a necessary skill to be successful because we will have to prioritize and figure out how we are going to complete all our assignments and have fun. I will try my best in the upcoming weeks before the departure to improve my time management skills. I want to do good in my class but I also want to time to do fun things in the Big Apple. 

I am so glad that Mrs. L had this meeting because I think that it made my mom feel a lot more comfortable about the trip.  She was okay with it before, but now that Mrs. L has explained how Columbia has safe dorms and a safe campus, she feels a lot better.  Also she is aware now that Mrs. L will do the best she can to make sure that all of us stay safe.  Mrs. L explained everything today from how the dorms work to how much money to bring. Without this meeting, I think I would not have been well prepared for Columbia. Now that I have more knowledge I can make better preparations. 

I would like to thank Mrs. L for taking time out of her day to meet my mother and I at Starbucks.  She did not have to come to little Hercules but she took time out of her busy schedule and put us in it.  Thank you once again Mrs. L.  With you as our chaperone, I think this summer will be great and everything will happen smoothly. 

This meeting has increased the anticipation that I am feeling. The excitement in me is increasing day by day as we get closer to the departure date!  I can not wait to go and meet all the new people, from all around the world! It is going to be a great experience, I can tell. I am so honored to be a part of the Ivy League Connection. I can not wait until the dinner where I will be able to mingle with not only my cohort, but the adults making this entire thing possible. 

1 comment:

  1. For the life of me, Anmol, I don’t know what I have to do to get you all to believe me. I’ve been telling you all that you have a great chaperone on Ms. L and it’s only after you’ve met her that it finally sinks in.

    ReplyDelete