Monday, June 17, 2013

All Roads Lead To This

Tomorrow my cohort and I will officially begin our journey to the East Coast. After a combination of a dinner, blogging tutorial and orientation, the moment has finally arrived. I feel that I have been more than prepared by the ILC for tomorrow's trip and soon I will be flying through the air  in a plane headed toward the amazing city of New York. Like the motto of the 2013 hit movie "Fast and Furious 6", "All Roads Lead to This", all the work I have done finally leads to this amazing trip.

Ever since the day I was accepted into the ILC program, I have been immensely anxious to depart on this trip. Not only will I be receiving an incredibly high quality of education at one of the nation's most prestigious universities, but I also will be getting first-hand cultural knowledge of an entirely different and unique part of the country. I will receive a first-hand look into the world that is college, a world I will soon be living in in two years, as well meet new people that I normally would not be able to meet. All this knowledge that I look forward to being able to share not only with my school but also my community.

However, preparation for this trip has not been easy. The last few days  have been full of packing, unpacking and then packing again to make sure I had everything I would need. After a lot of organization of cables, clothing and other miscellaneous travel necessities, the items on my checklist slowly began to be checked off. At first the task of fitting everything I would need for a full month into just one check-in bag, a carry-on and a backpack seemed almost impossible, but after carefully examining which items I would actually need I was able to fit everything. My preparation has extended further than just packing though. All the ILC events, such as the dinner, blogging, and orientation, have given me skills that will immensely help during my time at Columbia.

This trip will undoubtedly change my life forever. I will hopefully be able to see things through an entirely new perspective and create connections that will help me throughout my life. At the moment I can barely contain the level of excitement I have for tomorrow morning and I know that this trip will be completely unforgettable.
   



No comments:

Post a Comment