Sunday, June 30, 2013

Funday Sunday!


Since I’ve arrived at Columbia University, I have stayed on West Coast time. I stay up late and wake up late. I know that it will be easy for me to adjust when I arrive back home.

Today was extremely full. Fortunately, I was able to sleep in to a confortable West Coast time. After eating a delicious breakfast of cold cereal, I headed out with my suite mates to the Williamsburg Flea Market. Considering the number of transfers we had to make to different subway lines, our trip ran very smoothly. After about 45 minutes we emerged from the underground in Williamsburg. Small, artsy stores and vintage booths surrounded us.

After making our way down the main street. We finally arrived at the actual Flea Market. It was in the full, blazing hot sun so I was very thankful to have had a gigantic bottle of water with me. We looked around the booths and admired the vintage clothing. It was a wonderful shopping experience. The only problem was that nearly everything was above my price range. Since it was just a flea market, I expected everything to be very cheap. Instead, the vintage attire was more expensive than expected. Fortunately, I was able to buy a nice hairband for a friend so I was satisfied.

On the way home from our shopping excursion, we stopped off at a subway stop a little earlier to catch a glimpse of the Pride Parade. There were a ton of people with rainbow clothing, or hardly any clothing. We saw a bit of the parade, but then a steady downpour encouraged us to take the subway back to campus.

We arrived back at Columbia absolutely famished. It was nearly 4:00 PM and we hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast. I ordered a gigantic turkey sandwich and ate the entire thing. Right as a finished, it was time for our suite to head out to dinner together.

We ate at a fantastic Chinese restaurant. It was an amazing bonding experience for us all. I now feel much closer to many of my suite mates. I can’t wait to spend another two weeks with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment