Wednesday, June 26, 2013

First Excursion and Binding Decisions

Today in class I had to decide on a main topic for my research paper. I never took US history and I don't have a whole lot of background knowledge so I wasn't able to pick a very specific main theme to hone in on. I am however, pretty interested in the executive role during times of war and also World War II as a subject in general. Therefore, I decided at the last minute before my second class period of the day ended, to research Harry Truman and his role in the war. 
My schedule is going to be a lot tighter from here on out, now that I can't use my second class period anymore to do my homework reading (because I'll be writing my paper). 

Today was also my first excursion into the city! I went with a large group and an RA to SoHo. My TA (who is also an RA) was also leading the group so I talked to him a bit about the class, what I was going to write about, and where he studied at school etc. Unfortunately, most shops had already closed for the day so we did a lot of walking and window shopping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment