Saturday, June 29, 2013

To Remember and To Honor


We had another adventure today at NYU and the 9/11 memorial.  The cohort got together once again to go on our final school tour at New York University! I learned that NYU is a very unique and diverse program, and they also have a lot of emphasis on study abroad programs.  They have courses offered all over the world! The tour was very nice, even though we had minor problems in the beginning.  I actually liked this info session more than the previous ones because there was a video to talk about the campus rather than just have one person go over all the basic information.  I liked how NYU used creativity in attracting prospective students.  I wish more schools and places would use alternative forms of discussion rather than just people sitting and listening to someone talking.


Once we were done with NYU, we were off to have lunch and then the 9/11 memorial.  I honestly did not know what to expect at the 9/11 memorial because I don't remember much of what happened. It has been 12 years so I was only five when the attacks happened, and I don't remember anything from when I was five.  There were a lot of tourists taking pictures at the memorial but I still felt very attached to the memorial.  I had not personally known anyone who died in the attacks but I feel like these attacks showed the true American spirit.  Many people think all Americans do is be racist or mean to each other, but the truth is Americans are the best support system.  If something bad happens, we come together as one which I love. We also decided to stop at the 9/11 memorial gift shop where they had an animated video about someone's loss during the attacks.  One man lost both his sons in the attacks which I find to be very sad.  I wish that they had not happened since so many innocent lives were lost.


Now on to a happier note! My RA had hosted a trip to a show called Fuerza Bruta today, and it is like an off Broadway show that is so much fun! We saw the show and it was simply amazing! I think this show is the type that can not be described in words but I think everyone should and has to go check it out.  However, be prepared to get wet and dance if you do go, it is a very interactive show.  The actors and actresses interact a lot with the audience.  After the show, my hall mates and I did our usual hang out routine in our dorm.  We always get together when the day ends to talk about our days.  I am missing my actual home, but this is becoming my home too in a way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment