Monday, June 17, 2013

Last Night on the West Coast

The realization that my next almost month of summer will be spent in New York City finally sank in as I finished folding the last few I-probably-don't-need-them-but-just-in-case-T-shirts and stuffed them into my suitcase. This goes to show that I have spent the bulk of my night so far scrambling to finalize my packing needs and make sure I have everything I need. 

Phone, wallet, sneakers, towels - am I forgetting something? Probably. Of course, my packing is hardly the most prominent item on my mind at the moment. This time tomorrow, I'll be on the other side of the country -  I'm literally going from coast to coast!

This blog post is supposed to be about what I expect - my outlook for the next 3 weeks. Truthfully, I don't know what to expect - I mean, I've been told, but having an itinerary laid out for you is far from the experience itself.

I'm feeling excited, yet nervous; I'm sure that though 3 weeks seems like forever now, they'll go by in a blitz. I'm glad I have this blog as a sort of online journal to keep track of my trip, so that I can look back on it and say, "Hey! I forgot all about that!" and allow others to sneak a peek into my journey as well.

Underneath the suddenly-surfacing anxiousness is gratitude - I'm still amazed that a program like the ILC exists, and I'm beyond thankful for being allowed to take part in it.

I hope to live these next 3 weeks to their fullest and soak in every minute of my trip - the colleges, the classes, the people I meet and the places I go - NYC, here I come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment