Monday, June 17, 2013

It's Almost Time

The Columbia cohort as well as the rest of the ILC members have had to attend many events, from the dinners to the school board meeting.  All those events were leading up to tomorrow.  Tomorrow is the day that we depart for New York City!  To think that in just a couple hours I will be on a plane headed to the big apple is amazing. Earlier this year I would have thought that my summer would be boring but boy was I wrong!

Most of my day today was spent thinking about the trip and just going over my checklist to make sure I had all my essentials.  I am glad that I packed a little earlier so I had some time to go over what I had and rearrange some items. Packing was a struggle though because I wanted to bring more things than I actually needed. I thought my bag was overweight, but turns out it was just right! 

I know that this trip will change me because I have already changed a little. Before the ILC, I never would have imagined that I would be doing interviews, going to school board meetings, or speaking at city council meetings. I am already a lot more comfortable speaking to others whether they be my age or older than me. I am incredibly excited yet nervous at the same time.  I know that I will have a great time at Columbia and I can not wait to meet the people attending the programs, from all over the world. There will be so many things to learn, whether it be from the class or about culture.  

I am so thankful that I received this wonderful opportunity and I know that my cohort and I will have the best time touring colleges and attending Columbia University! Now it's time to wait out the next couple of hours until our departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment