Saturday, July 6, 2013


Punctuality is the essence of world efficiency. You can always strive for it and try to be punctual but it will always come down to 'yes' or 'no'. You are either punctual or you aren't. I think we can all imagine that in human social interaction exact punctuality isn't necessary. Time can be fudged a little bit. Yes it is nice to be punctual, it is a way of showing respect and allows all plans to unfold as expected. But if you imagine a big factory machine, every little piece has to work in exact time and precision. Without the preciseness of every mechanism, the machine won't work.

I think I'm being a little overly dramatic. The Ivy League Connection along with my parents and proper society have taught me that being punctual and on time is important. If you're late you could potentially set everyone else back because they had to wait for you or you could completely miss the adventure/trip/meeting.

Last night, or early this morning rather, I decided that I wouldn't need to set an alarm because I wouldn't have to be anywhere until 12:00 PM. At 12 o'clock exactly I was supposed to meet with the RA trip that was going to the MOMA. I was pretty excited and looking forward to this trip. I ended up waking up at 11:40 AM and made it down to the meeting place at 12:05 PM; I missed the group by five minutes. I am actually relatively proud of myself that I was able to jump out of bed and get completely ready in twenty five minutes. It's okay, maybe I'll have another chance to go to the MOMA. I did just write three paragraphs about punctuality and my lack of it.

Although I may have missed the MOMA, moments later Melody texted me asking if I wanted to have lunch. Ah the way the world works, no lonely Saturday for me. She, Jackee, and I ended up going to this little cafe across the street from campus and walking down to Riverside Park to eat. It was very beautiful out today, a little too humid for my taste but very beautiful. 

At 6:30 PM I met the group that was going on the RA trip to see Cinderella on Broadway. I paid my extra $32.50, in addition the the $65 I already paid, the ticket prices went up. On the Subway ride to 50th and Broadway a man asked our group if we were going to see Cinderella. It turns out that he is the husband of Ann Harada who played one of the step-sisters.

As for the play, in one word I would say 'magical'. I absolutely loved it. Not only was the acting, singing, and costume changes phenomenal, it was funny! I was hanging on to every word said and laughed at every funny line. Several times I couldn't help but think, 'What?!' Some of those on-stage costume changes were crazy and I can't figure out how they did them. By the second Act I was smiling nonstop. It was a little corny but very cute.

After the play we exited the building and went around to where the actors exit. All the main actors walked down a line of people signing Playbills and taking pictures. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture with any of the actors but I did get my Playbill signed by all the main actors. 
My signed playbill
Laura Osnes- Cinderella
After seeing live theater, and Broadway is the real deal, I want to be an actor even more. Performing is so much fun and it must be amazing to get the response that the actors got tonight from the audience. And to see yourself on billboard advertising latest play or movie you're in. Although, being a Broadway actor, or any live theater actor for that matter, must be emotionally and physically exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment