Sunday, July 7, 2013

We Discover an Amazing Restaurant.

Today I had to do a little work...I woke up around 9:30 and flipped open my laptop. I started adding more to my essay (now it is at about 1400 words), and did some of the reading for tomorrow. The cases we had to read were all about the right to privacy and the necessity (or lack thereof) of a warrant for a valid search and seizure. The cases were fun to read because they were short and to the point, something the Supreme Court rarely seems to do in their opinions.
After doing some work I headed over to a small crepe and gourmet restaurant on Amsterdam Ave only a few blocks from campus. The food was incredible. I had a chicken crepe which tasted fantastic, and we could watch the chef skillfully craft our meals in front of us. We were so satisfied that Emily and I decided to return later for dinner. After lunch Emily, Danielle, and myself headed over to the Guggenheim Museum. I was really excited to go, especially after hearing the raving reviews of James Turrell's exhibit on light and perspective. However, after entering the museum, I realized that it was not as exciting as I had hoped. I was so looking forward to the wonderfully designed spiral atrium in the museum, and sadly it had been redesigned for the exhibit so it was a giant sheet with light being projected on it. It was cool, for ten minutes, than I wished it looked the way it normally looked. The other rooms were interesting, but nothing stood out as mind boggling or incredible. I found the experience as a whole to be a lot more disappointing than interesting. But I did get some new experience on the New York bus system, and we were able to have some refreshing gelato when we left. After the museum the three of us walked around a large reservoir in Central Park. Right when we entered the park the sun was covered by a few large clouds, so the weather dropped ten degrees and the breeze made it a lovely walk. I was glad I was finally able to spend some time taking in the beautiful sights of Central Park, and i finally saw the color green (a rare color in New York City).
In the afternoon I finished up the reading and went back to the crepe restaurant for dinner. This time I had a ham and cheese crepe. The real treat of the evening was our dessert. Emily and I shared a Belgian Waffle, topped with apple compote, vanilla gelato, whipped cream, caramel sauce, and cinnamon. It was literally one of the best desserts I have had in the last three weeks. Finishing up this blog now I am excited to come to class tomorrow to discuss the right to privacy which is related to my essay topic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment